www.flickr.com
Chennai Journal
Sunday, August 21, 2005
 
Faces of India





Not much is new this week. The doctor says I have to go on a low salt diet to control blood pressure. That's not as difficult here as in some places like China or Japan, where much of the food calls for soy sauce. But I suspect I should start avoiding the canteen food and bringing my lunch. Already they bring me some fruit and juice in the morning when I arrive, something called Thandu or banana stem juice. It is supposed to be good for kidney function and also to control weight, although nothing I do seems to help in the latter category. I'm able to do some swimming in the Madras Club pool, but only on the weekends. Haven't quite found the energy to get up early enough to use the track there on the weekdays. It opens at 5:30 a.m. but I have to leave for the office by 6:30 a.m.


Now that we have broadband, it's a lot easier to upload pictures, so I thought I would do a few that Marty and I have taken over the past few months. These have all been taken at various places around Madras. I hope you enjoy them.











Comments:
Thaanks for posting this
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Bloggapedia, Blog Directory - Find It! Travel blogs